Recent Posts

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

ALEX TOTH 1970's Challenge of The Superfriends CARTOON MODEL SHEETS


Shown up above, for your viewing pleasure, are these 2 RARE Cartoon Model Sheets from the "Challenge of The Superfriends" TV Cartoon Show. They were done in ©1973 by Alex Toth, lead designer for the series. These were made to give animators a guide to go by & to keep the character/vehicles consistent. Besides this job Alex Toth had been a pionner in the Golden Age era of comics. As a very young teen I met Alex Toth at a comic book convention here in my hometown of Oklahoma City. He was extremely nice to me. It was kind of funny. He seemed really tired & sort of annoyed by the whole "convention thing". I don't think he felt very well. Anyway, I walked up to him & started to gush about his Golden Age comic book work & he was really impressed so he started to liven-up a bit. We talked for a really long time. He told me that absolutely NOBODY asked him about this old work & he was grateful for that. I think being a part of early comic book history was what he felt most proud about even though he had a very long period of success. It was a really nice moment. But, in hindsight I think I screwed up though because I never asked for an autograph or sketch, ha ha! He died a few years back & comics will never be the same. A lot of people are really HUGE FANS of his work today because he was so extremely talented but I just remember a really nice guy.

 
Design by ThemeShift | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Free Blogger Templates | Best Web Hosting