Recent Posts

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Orly Gumdrop

Hi all!

The week is in half! Just two more working days till it's weekend. Yay! Today I have a polish for you that I actually wore a while ago. I'm talking about Orly Gumdrop from the Sweet Collection that just came out.


Orly Gumdrop, three coats in daylight with topcoat. Gumdrop is a member of the minty family, but is slightly greener. I really don't know how I can describe this any better. I also have to add that none of my pictures turned out to be true to life. Gumdrop is greener than in the picture, it appears to be a very light blue or so, but it's not.

The structure of this polish is quite thick, but I suppose that's normal for pastels since I've had this issue with all the pastels I've tried so far. The structure of the polish didn't give me trouble, although it applied a little streaky and with bald spots, but all evened out in three coats. The problem was bubbling! Lots and lots of bubbling! I haven't seen anything like it. What a drama! I tried to get rid of the bubbles by using a topcoat, but even the topcoat failed. Too bad, because it's such a lovely color! So, to get rid of the bubbles, I did my new favorite trick to cover up bubbles and smudges; I did a Ruffian inspired mani.


Orly Gumdrop with one coat of Orly Iron Butterfly. Oops, I see I didn't do cleanup with this one.. Sorry about that! I just wanted to show you the lovely color combination. The colors work great together and I like how this turned out. I will defenitely try this again and do a proper mani.

Does anyone of you have the same issues with pastels and bubbling? Is it the polish, or is it me?

Thanks for stopping by!

PS: I will prepare posts in Dutch as well for the next couple of days. I didn't have time to write in two languages. I hope you'll forgive me for that!

 
Design by ThemeShift | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Free Blogger Templates | Best Web Hosting